Friday, February 13, 2009

Savings.... :) and Freezer Cooking

Well I found that I might have spent a little much on stocking up last month. The good news, we are fully stocked on most pantry items. I plan to only buy milk, fresh produce and meat for the next few weeks. (especially because Reams has their boneless skin less chicken breast for $1.49 lb - great time to get some in the freezer)

I did do some freezer cooking last weekend with a few friends. We did soooo many meals. I think it is great to have stuff pre made and ready to warm and eat. Here is a list of all I brought home...
Spaghetti sauce - with meat and tomatoes - very healthy :)
Taco Meat - more tomatoes - great way to hide the veggies from the kids
SOUPS
Taco Soup - a lot like a chili
Chicken white bean Chili
Vegetable Beef
Broccoli Cheese
(these are mainly for Kass, as I don't really like soup)
Lasagna (YUM YUM - this is one of my favorite recipes)
Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken Teryiaki (sp)

Sounds good huh??

And the savings
Today I did some Walgreen's shopping, let me break it down

Windex Wipes are on sale for 2/$5 - I had 2 $1.50 coupons taking it to 2/$2 - I will then submit for the easy saver rebate (online) and receive $2 back. = FREE I also have a mail in rebate for this from Windex - I will mail it in and receive my purchase price back - netting me $2.50

Scrubbing bubble toilet wipes 2/$5 - I had 1 $3.00/2 coupon taking it to 2/$2 - I will then submit for the easy saver rebate (online) and receive $2 = FREE

Shout Laundry cleaner 2/$5.00 - I had 2 $1.00 off coupons taking it to 2/$3 - I will then submit for the easy saver rebate(online) and receive $2 = 2/$1.00 - or $0.50 each

Zucol cold medicine $7.99 each - I had 1 $2.00 coupon taking it down to $5.99 - I will then submit for the easy saver rebate (online) and receive $7.99 back = FREE and netting me $2.00

2 Thermacare trial size heat wraps for $2.29 each = $4.58. I will submit for the easy saver rebates...you guess it! and receive $2.292 each = FREE

2 Colgate toothpastes on sale for $1.50 each. I had 2 $0.75 coupons taking it down to 2/$1.50. I then received a $1.00 Register Reward = 2/$0.50. If I had been a little smarter on this sale, and done them separately I would have netted $0.50 . But I don't think that $0.25 each is pretty good. (As a note, you can't use the Register reward on this purchase, but on a future purchase)

2 Gillette Gamer Razors on sale for $8.99 each. I had 2 $4/1 coupons making each Razor only $4.99. And because I was smarter this time, I did my transactions separately in order to capitalize on the great $6.00 register reward for each razor = FREE and netting me $1.01 per razor or $2.02

Gillette Spa Breeze Razor on sale for $8.99 I had 1/$2.00 coupon taking it to $6.99. I also received $6.00 in register rewards = $0.99 out of pocket

So I will be paying $2.00 for everything above, plus taxes. NOT BAD!! Of course I do have to pay upfront and will recieve the rebates a few weeks into March. But I think it will all work out. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is fantastic! What about these Super Saver Rebates?? Are they online/website?

    You have inpsired me to do freezer cooking. Right now I'm working on treats-making 8 different cookie doughs, 3-4 bathces each and freezing each batch seperately. Jarom loves his Oatmeal Cranberry cookies and I hate how fast he eats them that I end up making another batch in 4-5 days later. Now he will have manyy differnt kinds to choose from and then I can pull out a batch and bake the entire roll or just half or just a few for the evening. One that is done, I made a list of yummy, favorite meals to make and freeze for the future. I may be gong to work again soon for University of Phoenix and the last thing I want to do when I get home is cook. It would be so nice to just pull something out and heat it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, go you! I need to start doing the Walgreens stuff again.. back when I did it you could just have them send you the $$ on a giftcard and then the future months you just put the giftcard number on it and get it reloaded.. that way my "out of pocket" money would come from that vs. grocery money.

    I have GOT to start coupons again!! Seriously!

    Very nice on the freezer meals. I'd love to do that but now sure how since I'm still figuring out things I can eat that are WW friendly. Plus I think I read the word BEANS up there.. ;o)

    ReplyDelete