So - I had $18 in register rewards burning a hole in my coupon book. Plus they were expiring on Feb 27th. So when the Walgreen ads came out on Sunday, I immediately started to plan my attack.
Now please keep in mind, I counted these savings (the $18) on another post so I can only say my out of pocket expense today were minimal - but that is all part of the plan. Buy items to get the RR and use them later for **FREE** stuff.
So here is the take home and break down
4 dove deodorants - retails for $3.29, used in ad coupon taking it to $1.99 each, and then the 2 coupons I had for $1.50/2 = $1.24 each (not the best - but i was running out..and we would hate to stink.
2 triaminc meds on sale for 2/$10.00 - had 2 $1.00 off coupons, and will get $3.00 back on each bottle = 2/$2.00 - or $1.00 each. Great time to stock up!
2 theraflu meds on sale for 2/$10.00 - had 2 $1.00 off coupons, and will get $3.00 back on each bottle = 2/$2.00 - or $1.00 each.
picked up another Gillette razor - for me :) on sale for $8.99, had a $2.00 off coupon, and received another $6.00 RR. Did pay $7.61 out of pocket - but used the RR I received on the rest of my shopping trip.
They had M&M's on CLEARANCE!!! YEA - Peanut butter, not sure if this is a blessing or a curse, because these are my FAVORITE. So I picked up a few bags. They were $0.99 each - there was a coupon in the easy saver packet for $1.00 off two bags - so each bag was $0.50. Not bad, just need to stash the bags till Easter. I did send one home with Grandma though, 1 less temptation in my house.
Speaking of Temptation - they also had an easy saver coupon for Starbucks candy - save $6.00 on the purchase of 2. I have to say they are priced a little high at Walgreen's, so the coupon doesn't make it all that tempting on it's own What made it tempting was the $1.00 off coupons I found in the blinki next to the candy. So that made it 2/$4.00 or $2.00 each for Startbuck Candy!! YUM YUM!! Plus I have a few extra coupons for later!!
I picked up some Q-Tips on sale for $1.99 and I had a $0.30 = $1.69.
And finally 2 wax papers - 75 ft retails for $1.99 used in store coupon to make it $0.89 each. The aluminium foil is also on sale - but they were out Darn.
Total out of pocket today - $16.68
Rebates to come for today's purchases - $6.00
Total savings - $ 78.41 - this includes the WAGS sale prices, in ad coupons, and the coupons I brought in.
I should be getting my first rebate back from Walgreens in the next week or so. Although it is only $5.50 - but this is a 10% increase on the original rebate because I choose to have the rebate on a gift card. I think my February rebates that should come in March will really help me to spend less of our money to buy items!!
I have $50.00 in Rite Aid Gift Cards from transferring my prescriptions there. My next goal is to see how much I can get for my $50.00. Rite Aid also has a rebate program, in store coupons, and of course other coupons from the newspaper and on line. So - watch for updates on this.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment