Thursday, February 26, 2009

Coffe Filters

Saw this on That's Just Nifty Thrifty
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Coffee Filters

Coffee filters ...who knew! And you can buy 1,000 at the Dollar Tree for almost nothing.

1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows and mirrors. Coffee filters are lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China. Separate your good dishes by putting a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters.
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc on them. Soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great "razor nick fixers."

OH YEAH THEY ARE GREAT TO USE IN YOUR COFFEE MAKERS


This really brought me back to when I first worked in RCC with the small group. We didn't like to get up for napkins and paper towels all the time so we used coffee filters - they are like super large muffin cups. It was a the best way to divid food. I think I might have fallen in love with coffee filters at that time, because I do use them all over th house - number 1 on the list above is my favorite, because I am against using plastic to cover items, and this makes it so I have less of a mess to clean up.

Are you creative? What besides the list above do you use coffee filters for?

2 comments:

  1. LOL That list is AWESOME! I'm totally going to use them for many of those.

    I use mine to contain little craft project items (sparkle things, etc.).

    And there's coffee.. mmm...

    And as another funny use of a household item.. I use breast pads to dust with sometimes. Had a bunch with Kaitlyn and never used them.. heaven forbid I just throw them away. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I never thought I'd put coffee filters on my shopping list, but i will now.

    ReplyDelete