I had not planned on any real shopping over the next few weeks unless I found meat on sale. But of course Albertsons has a great sale going on. So I gathered my coupons, made my lists (yes more then one) and headed out last night after Kass got home from work (10:45 pm)
Although they are mostly items we could do with out - I do buy them and this allowed me to buy them with very little money.
I will have to give some exacts on what I bought later - but it is the buy 10 get $10 off sale they are having. I spent out of pocket $40.70 (and I still have a coupon for $10.00 off my next purchase in my purse) and saved $161.38. That is a savings of 79.85%. I am patting my self on the back. At least the kids will love the fruit snacks, and roll ups we have - for months to come! Oh and if you need to make cookies - just let me know I have about 10 mixes or frozen dough.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you're so good! I need to be more dedicated to cutting down our grocery bill, like you!
ReplyDeleteDo you go to the one by us or the other one further east on 35th? I like to go late at night too.. we should go shopping together sometime.
ReplyDeleteI haven't hit this sale yet.. trying to get up my motivation and print out coupons. Do you have any leftover cereal or toaster strudel ones?