Monday, January 26, 2009

Sleep or blog.....??

well as you can see the sleep has been winning.
I have been busy working on one of my goals for the year.
Spend less on food.
This means I am now a couponer - yep, those people you really hate to be behind in line at the grocery store. That is me. And you know what, I have done a great job, if I must say so my self. (and I must, since no one else is here to say it) (pat pat pat - that is me giving my self a pat on the back.) A while back a friend told me about http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/ which is a great - GREAT - GREAT!!! website to help you shop smarter. With some of the recent sales I have been able to really create a great stock of a lot of things I buy every month, but a lot cheaper of course. This has taken me more time then I would have thought, but the research has been worth it. I don't think it will take so long in the future. I just got back from the grocery store where I got 11 cans of chili for FREE (well I did pay tax) and paid just $.50 for two more. (I should have bought some air freshener, but that wasn't on sale...:P )

I have not been so great on other goals for the year, like the one that has me working out...hmmm, wonder why it is so much easier to shop then work out?? I will have to ponder that. My next food goal is to start freezer cooking again. For those of you who don't know what that is let me explain. You find a friend or maybe two, you put together a menu of meals you can make (main courses) and the ingredients. You shop for the best deals on what you need. Then you take an afternoon, evening or whole day and cook cook cook. Then you take home 7 -10 meals or more and freeze them. I have done this with a friend last year, and really liked the ease of the meals during the month. But it has been a while. I will be excited when it is done, and I have all the delicious meals in my freezer. Makes dinner so easy and healthy for the kids and me.

See what a full pantry, a year of this kind of shopping and I will even have some food storage built up!!





Just a cute picture of the boys. Jacob runs to Zane for hugs when he has been hurt, or when he has gotten in trouble for something by mom and dad. So glad they love each other! Cute Boys!

1 comment:

  1. That is great! I'll have to check out that site. I've been to a couple coupon sites but they don't have coupons for things I buy. I've never done the freezer cooking. I'll have o chat with some girlfirends and see if they want to do that with me. Great idea!
    On anothe note, we have the Wii Fit and other interactive games that keep us moving and we have been getting fit and losing wight that way. I've lost 9 pounds as of last week; plus we walk a couple nights a week. I LOVE our Wii, though. :o)

    ReplyDelete