Sunday, December 7, 2008

A New Year is on its way.....

With the upcoming new year quickly approaching I have been thinking a lot about what I want to accomplish in 2009 ....so as I create and add to this list, edit, delete, rewrite.....please feel free to share you goals for 2009. Maybe I will steal one of yours - especially if it is easier then mine!!
So to start it off....
1. Declutter - I love this word. I don't think I have ever been very good at this. I was always the type to collect. I never really liked moving my room around, and changing things. When I did get the bug to clean and move things, it was a long day or week. This may be a long YEAR. Our basement is full of things we don't need, my closet has clothes I don't wear, our garage is full of more stuff, and the kids toys are over flowing. So as I plan my attack on all of the stuff that is over taking our house I have to decided what to do with it. I have saved all of the boys clothes. So do I start taking them to Kid to Kid? Of course that brings a whole new issue of whether I really think we are done having kids. Then there's all of the other stuff we have hiding in the basement and garage. Should I try to sell it at a yard sale or KSL or....just donate it to get rid of it??
2. Craft - This is one I really want to explore. I have decided to start a craft group that will meet once a month and craft. Sadly I do think that my crafting will be very reliant on my completing number 1. As of right now I don't have the space to craft. I dream of a room of my own with cabinets and a sewing table, everything beautifully organized. I have been watching all of these great blogs and being so jealous of all of these crafty people. I don't want to be jealous any more ... I want to create...
3. Paint - I hate the bathroom, and desperately want to recreate a wonderful place for the boys. As of now, it is a horrendous shade of pink. (not my choice - it was that way when we got here...and sadly we have been here 6 years and have not changed it). I also want to paint my room, and the living room, and would like to redo the boy's rooms. (the hope is to put the boys together in one room, and make the other room a toy room. I also have big plans for their closets - I want to build in shelving so that we have more space for everything.
4. Start going to Church. I tried this last year, and found it to be very difficult to take a baby to church. Even though Jacob was an excellent baby, he seemed to want to eat right at the time all of the services started. Zane has been asking so many questions about God, that it would be nice to have someone else answer them for a while...lol poor teachers.

Well that is the list so far, hopefully not to ambitious. As I am sure that I a not done...

3 comments:

  1. Those sound like great ideas! I've been thinking of my too-more exercise/weight loss, more piece quilting, teaching myself to knit, and get my sewing/quilting station that Joann's has, redo the front yard, add flowers to the back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooo on board with you. I hate lists though and haven't made one. Maybe I should.

    We should do like weekly (monthly? hehe) challenges where we have to post an after pic or something.

    You're inviting me to the monthly craft thing, right??? I've been trying to channel my inner craftiness.. I used to love doing it and I hardly ever do any more.

    And I have rooms to paint too.

    I just don't know where to start. Can you choose for me???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky - I choose......
    MINE BATHROOM!!! lol

    ReplyDelete