Sunday, December 14, 2008

A change is good

Well, for those of you whom I haven't called and complained to about my lack sleep the last few weeks, let me fill you in. Jacob got a cold, and was teething, and decided that he did not want to be in his crib any more. When we would go to put him to bed, he would climb up my arm till his feet were on my shoulders. Then cling to me for dear life to not be put in the crib. I have no idea why the sudden change, but we felt bad, so we let him sleep with us. (BAD IDEA) We did not sleep because our little 22 pound child would turn so that he could kick at least one of us, while putting his head in the others chest. (I got the feet). Kass soon decided that he would just sleep down stairs then to fight Jacob. So I have been working to get Jacob back into his crib. We think he is still too young for a toddler bed.
First Step: put Jacob to sleep in our bed but move to his own bed (check)
Second step: Don't bring Jacob into our bed at 3:30 in the morning because he has woken up and refused to go back to sleep (check)
Third Step: Find away to be able to sleep in my own bed and not on Jacobs floor when he wakes up at 3:30 and refuse to go back to sleep alone. (um...sorta)
Fourth Step (and great idea): Move Jacob into Zane's room - then he won't be alone!! (check)
So last night was our first night with Jacob in Zane's room (now the bedroom and Jacob's old room, the toy room). Jacob woke up about 5 times (yes 5 times). First time he went back to sleep. Second time, I had to stay in the room with my hand on him until he went to sleep. Third time Zane woke up and got out of bed to talk to Jacob (what a nice brother). Got both boys back in bed (much more difficult this time with Jacob) Fifth time, I brought Jacob to our bed. I just wanted 10 more minutes.....(no so lucky - he was awake and it was 6:00 AM) Hopefully tonight goes better.
Zane's Side

Jacob's Side

The new "Toy" Room.

I do want to note that I believe that I will be able to move my sewing stuff into the closet in the "toy" room. There is so much more room. I just need to go through all of Jacob's clothes and get them boxed up. Then - the closet is MINE!! Then I can start working on my crafts.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no.. I hate it when that happens and they stop wanting to go to bed. Kaitlyn did that for a few weeks (back in October) and it was AWFUL. And I've BTDT with other kids.

    I'm glad you moved them together, that would have been my suggestion. Plus how awesome you get a closet and they have a room for toys! Very jealous. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I hope you've gotten some good sleep hours in since Sunday. I wish I was closer to help you out. The craft closet sounds excellent!

    ReplyDelete