October 30th, we did a trial run - My mom was going to be out of town for Halloween, so Jenni and I being the wonderful kids we are got the grand kids dressed up and took them to her work.
You can see that Jacob is pulling at his costume - he screamed when we put it on him, and immediately tried to take it off. I don't know why they make children's costumes with a zipper - and in the front of all things. Don't they know that kids are sneaky.
Our neighbors came trick or treating with us. They are dressed as the Darth Vaders - and Zane is a Fireman (great costume huh - love that is had built in reflectors)
This is in front of one of the neighbor's houses - They have all kinds of great blowup stuff in their yard.
Such a cute boy! By the end of our route, Jacob had decided to get out of the stroller, one of the older boys gave him a little bucket. He was running to keep up with them - it was so cute. Man on a mission. Very determined little man.
Zane did get the hang of Halloween, and had a great year. He would go to the door, ring the bell or knock and yell "trick or treat". I was so proud. Kass and I enjoyed watching the kids run from house to house. When we got home, we did still get a few trick or treaters. Zane would sit and wait for them to come knock on the door. Then he would hand them the bowl of candy. He didn't say anything, just handed them the bowl. We had to continue to remind him to tell them to take however many - or he would need to give it to them. He was sad when the doorbell stopped ringing. I love that he is such a generous kid. Loves to give to others and to make others happy.
Halloween Night
We opted to put Jacob in the stroller - (yes I said we - because Kass was home and able to go trick or treating with us - YEA) He refused to put the hat part on, but still looks like a super cute kid. Kass looks pretty good too.
No comments:
Post a Comment