Monday, October 6, 2008

Zane's Reading!!!

Yes, it is true, our Zane has started to read! He is so proud, and so are we.
It all started last week at Costco (yes I love Costco). I was browsing the books, and saw a collection of books called BOB BOOKS. I remembered them from my time working at Barnes and Noble. Great books to help kids start reading. I thought "I'll pick them up and see what happens, eventually they will be usable."
So later that night, Zane and I sat down and looked at the book. He sounded out the words -
"Mat, sat, Sam, sat " Etc .... I was in SHOCK. He has continued to read every night, one book at a time. I am still in shock. What a smart boy we have!

2 comments:

  1. HEY!!!

    Misty gave me your blog address.

    Your boys are so cute and grown up! Awww... I can't believe Zane is reading. Too cool.

    How did your Fair thing go? I'm sorry I missed it.. my step-brother had surgery to remove cancer the day before and yeah.. all the worrying wore me out.

    We'll have to get together sometime again.. :o)

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh. I sure have the cutest grandsons don't I? Of course he can read, just like you did when you were his age and just like his smart grama.

    Give the boys a kiss for me. I miss them

    ReplyDelete